Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Finally!!!

Well today I finally got to get onto the track. Carla gave me the number of a guy here and he was able to get me in.

I guess going about it the correct way by going through Sport-TT wasn't the right way to get into the track.  So now I'm officially an honorary member of Memphis Pioneers track club in Trinidad.

The workout went well, it was a simple one. 8 x 200m with a 200m walk...times were as follows:

31.47

31.16

30.39

29.62

30.34

31.40

30.75

29.91

Carla only asked for 35s, so I think I did alright.

I actually slept in till 10 today and for most of the day I just chilled. I think I`m slowly getting the hang of things like not having a job and not really having a schedule, and I think I like it :-)

I watched a movie, Extract, and read for most of the day then headed to practice.

It was still hot as hell, but i can’t complain too much because its minus 31 in Regina and I got to run on an outdoor track.

Today I realized that I only understand like half of what people say to me down here. At some point while at the track I think someone tried to say something to me, but I had no idea what. I just smiled and nodded and continued on my way.

So I wondered, do they understand what I’m say? I’m thinking I'll just start talking slower and louder, I heard that always helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment