Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Feels So Familiar

So around this time last year I found myself in a very similar situation, sitting on a couch in northern Texas. A lot has changed since then. I was training hard then, I'm training harder now. I was traveling a lot then, now I'm a little more settled. I had goals back then, I've made some accomplishments now.
I just finished a pretty successful indoor season, and I'm looking forward to what outdoors will bring. Every time I stepped on the track, I was able to set a new personal best, no matter what the distance. From 60m to 400m I've been improving. Finishing off the season second in the 400m was one of my many highlights. I was super close to breaking 39 in the 300m, if only I hadn't tightened up at the end, but now I know for next year.
I'll be in Texas for a couple more days, and I'll try to enjoy the hot weather while I can. Back to some hard training when I get back home, but I look forward to it.
I use to dread workouts that hurt, but now I look forward to them. The more I hurt in practice, the less I hurt in races....I kinda like it that way :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment