Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

It’s Been a While

So it’s been a pretty long time since I’ve updated my blog, and quite a bit has happen.  I’ve been training my butt off and I’ve survived my hardest base training season EVER! Training has been taken up to a different level and I feel like its really paid off. 

In December I was able to go to a training Camp in St. Kitts (with the help of several great friends) then after Christmas it was time to get my game face on.  Last year I didn’t run an indoor season because I was in Trinidad, so opening up on Sunday felt a little foreign.  First of all, I don’t think I’ve ever run on a Sunday, and second, this is my first season competing out east. 

The races went pretty well none the less.  I ran a 60, which I haven’t ran since 2006, and a 200.  Both in the heats and the final for the 60 I was able to run a new personal best, 8.01, and in the 200 as well, 25.50 for an indoor personal best.  I can feel myself getting stronger and quicker and its nice to feel it pay off.  My starts are getting a bit better but they still need a little bit of work.

This weekend I will run a 300 at the University of Toronto and I’m really excited.  I feel better this week I did then last week and I’m ready to run another personal best.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you need any help training. I don't know if you heard.. Im something like an athlete. Just wanted to let you know that I am so proud of you, I am so happy to see you following your dream. Iknow daddy would be so proud of you. I don't know if you can remember his famous saying, he used to always say "You can accomplish anything that you put your mind into". So train hard and focus, and the rest will come.
    Love Onome

    ReplyDelete