Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello 2012

Well the year is finally here. Once every four years, just like a leap year.  I feel like a kid born on February 29th, I finally get to celebrate....well maybe not quiet yet.
The Olympics are later this year, sometime I'm August. A lot of people know the exact day, hour and minute and are counting down. I've never been one for countdowns though. If movies have taught me anything, countdowns end in explosions!  In all seriousness though, I don't bother with countdowns because I can be focusing on more important things, like the journey. This has been a journey in who knows how many years in the making.  I feel like everything is slowly falling into place. Every year before this it always felt like I was missing something to make it that next step.  Last year I was close, but God had another plan and this year he is putting it together.
I'm coming into this year with a no holds bad attitude.  Leaving everything out on the track, the mat and the weight room.
I've been told enough times that I have what it takes. Now, finally, I believe that.
And I've finally got what I had been missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment