Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Fine Tuning

With only two weeks until nationals it’s time to put into play what I’ve been practicing.  I’ve got two raced under my belt, both of which were run very differently.  I’m still in the process of learning how exactly to run the 400, but I feel like I’m slowly starting to get it.  In watching some of my races from last year around this time, I look like a completely different person.  I spend quite a bit of time watching not only my film, but also videos of people who are where I want to be.  When I watch others run they make it look so effortless and easy…when I run it, not so much.  I know once I learn how to run like them, my times will drop like hot cakes.  I’ve already taken off two seconds from my personal best, and I know more is in the tank.  I have yet to feel tired at the end of a race, I just gotta go out there and leave it all on the track. 

This weekend is my last meet before nationals.  I’m currently ranked 4th in the 400m and in order for anything else to happen this summer, I need to finish in the top 3 at nationals.  The girls ahead of my are running fast, so the only thing I need to do now is run faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment